Recipe with courtesy from Anncoo Journal
250g Plain flour
1 tsp Baking powder
3/4 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Salt
90g Icing sugar
60g Ground almond
130g Corn oil
- Sift all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in corn oil.
- Use spatula to mix the ingredients till combined and use hand to knead it into a soft dough.
- Roll dough between 2 plastic sheets to a thickness about 3mm.
- Cut out the dough by using cookie cutter and use a small palette knife to lift up the cut-out soft dough and place on a baking tray lined with baking sheet.
- Lightly brush the dough twice with egg wash. (1 egg with 2 tsp water and 1-2 drop of egg yellow colouring)
- Sprinkle extra some almond nibs on top if you prefer.
- Bake in preheated oven at 150C for about 20 mins or until golden brown.
- Leave cookies to cool on wire rack and store in airtight container.