This orange cupcake is very soft and moist and has a rich orange aroma ...
Thanks to Cheah for sharing this recipe. These cupcakes are not difficult to bake and I love the strong orange aroma it fills the kitchen when baking this.
Recipe adapted from no-frills recipes
250 gm butter
250 gm self-raising flour
170 gm vanilla sugar
2 tsp orange rind (keep some extra for decorating)
85 ml fresh orange juice
pinch of salt (omitted, I used salted butter)
some icing sugar for dusting (optional)
- Sift flour with salt, set aside.
- Cream sugar, butter and orange rind till light, fluffy and creamy.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Fold in sifted flour alternating with orange juice, start with flour and end with flour. Mix well.
- Scoop up batter into the lightly greased and floured mould.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 degC for 20 - 25 mins. Test with a skewer if it comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for about 10 mins. before removing and transferring to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Decorate with some icing sugar and a little sprinkling of orange rind, if desired