Snow Cheesecake

This is my first experience of this savory sweet cake. I wanted to do a trial cake for myself before I gift away for Christmas.  I thought the name was very appropriate for a Christmas gift.  Unfortunately, I lost track of the dates and didnt realised my boss brought forward his leave and that left me with no time to try it out.  I kept asking a home-baker from Facebook how does the cake taste like, etc etc.  Since she had baked few occassions for her friends' birthdays, I guess the cake must be ok so I gah gah gift it away and thankfully his feedback was "SUPERB"! Phew......

Subsequently, I baked another one on New Year's day and all my colleagues and neighbor said is superb.  So instead of having it as my limited edition (dont intend to make this again cos its so messy and so oily to wash!) and I have to practice more to make it my signature cake. :)







Recipe adapted from Vivian Pang
 
~Chiffon Cake base
Ingredients:
(A)
5 egg yolks
20g sugar
80g milk (or water)
60g corn oil
120g cake flour

(B)
5 egg whites
60g sugar
¼ teaspoon white vinegar(or lemon juices)

*Using chiffon cake making method bake in 8” square pan. Divide the cake into 2 layers.

Cream Cheese Frosting
 
Ingredients:
(A)
250g cream cheese (Philadelphia), room temperature
50g sweetened condensed milk (can increase further if prefer sweeter)

(B)
120g whipping cream

(C)
125g KRAFT cheddar cheese, shredded

Method:
1. In a mixing bowl, place in cream cheese and condensed milk. With electric mixer beat the mixture till light and fluffy.

2. Follow by whipping cream. Continue beating till well combined. Now, the frosting is ready to be used.

3. Place one layer of cake on working station. Apply about half of the cream cheese frosting evenly on top. Cover with the other layer of cake. Again frost the whole cake till evenly coated.

 
4. Gently coat the whole cake with shredded cheddar cheese. Chilled the snow cheesecake at least an hour before consume.




Comments