Pandan Chiffon Cake


Pandan Chiffon is not a new cake and most home bakers would have baked this over and over again. But it took me so long to decide to give pandan chiffon a try - reason being I am just too lazy to extract and wait for it the following day.  I find it too time consuming until I saw pandan paste at NTUC so decided to try it.  Woohoo.... I love the texture of this cake - its so soft, moist and my neighbor said its better than Begawan Solo.


PS: A veteran homebaker said it lacks pandan fragrance and has advised me to try it with extract and I
will be able to tell the difference.












Recipe adapted from Diana Gale
http://thedomesticgoddesswannabe.com/2015/01/pandan-chiffon-cake/

for 23cm pan

5 egg yolks
16g sugar
33ml oil
1/2 tsp pandan paste
67ml coconut milk
67g cake flour

5 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
67g sugar

  1.  Beat together egg yolks and sugar.  Add oil and continue beating.
  2.  Once oil is incorporated, add coconut milk and pandan paste.
  3.  Add in sieved flour .  Set aside
  4.  In a clean bowl, whisk egg whites till foamy, add cream of tartar and continue beating.
  5. Gradually add in sugar until egg whites form stiff peaks.
  6. Fold 1/3 meringue to yolk mixture.
  7.  Gently fold in remaining meringue into yolk mixture in 2 batches, until no white streaks.
  8.  Bake at preheated 170 deg for about 45-50 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.

Comments