Snow Cheesecake

I have no idea how does this cake taste like until I saw how it has become a friend's signature cake, i decided to give it a try.  After my first attempt, i told myself I am not going to make again - too much washing and its so oily.  But my colleagues fell in love with it and encouraged me to make more often.  So this is the third time I am making it and I too find myself fallingin love with this cake.








Recipe adapted from Vivian Pang

Snow Cheesecake
~Chiffon Cake base
Ingredients:
(A)
5 egg yolks
20g sugar
80g milk (or water)
60g corn oil
120g cake flour

(B)
5 egg whites
60g sugar
¼ teaspoon white vinegar(or lemon juices)

*Using chiffon cake making method bake in 8” square pan. Divide the cake into 2 layers.

~Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients:
(A)
250g cream cheese (Philadelphia),room temperature
50g sweetened condensed milk (can increase further if prefer sweeter)

(B)
120g whipping cream

(C)
125g KRAFT cheddar cheese, shredded

Method:
1. In a mixing bowl, place in cream cheese and condensed milk. With electric mixer beat the mixture till light and fluffy.

2. Follow by whipping cream. Continue beating till well combined. Now, the frosting is ready to be used.

3. Place one layer of cake on working station. Apply about half of the cream cheese frosting evenly on top. Cover with the other layer of cake. Again frost the whole cake till evenly coated.

4. Gently coat the whole cake with shredded cheddar cheese. Chilled the snow cheesecake at least an hour before consume.

 

Comments