Recipe adapted from Anncoo Journal
· 250g Butter, room temperature, I used SCS butter
· 130g Caster sugar
· 4 large Eggs (about 70g), each lightly beaten
· 1 tsp Vanilla extract
· 200g Plain flour
· 1 tsp Baking powder
· ½ tsp Salt
· 4 tbsp Almond meal/ground almond
· 4 tbsp Natural yoghurt
· 2 tbsp Black chia seeds (optional)
1. Line a 8 inch round cake pan at the bottom and grease sides. Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
2. Sift plain flour, baking powder and salt together, then mix in almond meal and set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar with an electric beater at medium speed until light and fluffy.
4. Use low speed and slowly add in beaten eggs until mixture incorporated and add in vanilla extract, mix well and stop machine..
5. Fold in flour mixture in 3 batches with a rubber spatula, fold well.
6. Add in natural yoghurt, fold well and lastly add chia seeds into it, mix well.
7. Pour batter into prepared cake pan and bake for 40-45 or until a cake tester comes out clean.
8. Remove the cake from oven, let it stay in cake pan for 10 minutes. Then cool cake completely on wire rack.