I chanced upon this mango float at Tested & Tasted and it looks 'sinfully' good and so without further hesitation this is my mango float.
Recipe from Tested & Tasted
2 Mango – Sliced
200 gr Cream-crackers (I used Ladyfinger sponge)
1 cup Whipping cream – whip until stiff peak (
In a separate mixing bowl, cream
200 gr Cream cheese
1 tsp Vanilla-essence
3/4 Cup Condensed-milk (I replaced with about 2.5 tbsp caster sugar)
- Whisk cream cheese & vanilla essence until smooth.
condensed milk sugar and keep whisking until incorporated.
- add in whipping cream and whisk until incorporated. Set aside.
Rectangular Tray : 9 x 3 x 3 – lay with plastic 1 inch higher than the tray or loose base tin (easy to dismantle)
1. Arrange a layer of cream crackers in the tray
2. Pour cream on top crackers, just enough to cover the crackers
3. then top nicely with sliced mangoes
4. Repeat the above process (step 1. To 3.) until all the ingredients used up
5. For the final top layer, nicely spread creamcheese batter
6. Sprinkle with the crushed crackers
7. Cover up the tray with plastic cling wrap
8. Keep in the fridge at least overnight.