Ingredients: (7" Square /8" Round Pan)
6 egg yolks (60g with shell)
40g caster sugar
200 melted butter, cooled
2tbsp vanilla extract (I used 1.5 tbsp.)
6 egg whites
120g caster sugar
100g almond flour (aka ground almond)
125g self raising flour
1/4 tsp salt (I omitted)
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar from (A) till fluffy. Add in vanilla extract and set aside.
- Whisk (B) till firm peaks.
- Sieve flour into mixture (A) and mix. Add in almond flour. Batter will be sticky at this stage. Add 1/3 meringue to loosen the gluten. Continue to fold in the remaining meringue, 1/3 at a time.
- Pour into lined tin tapping the bowl as you pour the batter to release trapped air. Shake the tin to level the batter.
- Bake at 160 degree C at lowest rack or until golden brown.