Recipe adapted from Rita's Basket
Crust base for 8” cake
130g digestive biscuits (McVitie's)
90g melted butter
250g cream cheese, softened
75g caster sugar
2½ tsp gelatine
3 tbsp boiling water
4 tbsp fresh mango puree
1½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
200g diced mango
200g whipping cream, whipped
2 tsp gelatine
2 tsp sugar
1-2 tsp lemon juice
2 drops of lemon yellow coloring
1. Line the base only of the 8” springform pan and lightly grease the sides of the pan.
2. Put the digestive biscuit in a food processor or crush them in a plastic bag by ‘pounding’ with a rolling pin or a jam jar (Just don’t break the jam jar) – ha-ha-ha.
3. Mix in the melted butter with the crush biscuit and press evenly into the base of the pan.
4. Leave it in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
5. For the fillings, soften 2½ tsp of gelatine in a small with boiling water. Place the small bowl in a larger bowl of ½-full very hot water to help gelatine dissolve.
6. Beat the cream cheese and caster sugar till very smooth.
7. Beat in mango puree, lemon juice and dissolved gelatine till well-mixed.
8. Gently fold in whipped cream and lastly add in the diced mango.
9. Pour into the biscuit crust base. Level with spatula if needed.
10. Chill in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours, preferably overnight for it to set.
11. For the topping, 4 hours later, sprinkle gelatine over water in a small sauce pan. Heat up to dissolve gelative powder and sugar.
12. Add in lemon juice, stir and turn off the flame.
13. Add in 2 drops of lemon-yellow coloring. Cool slightly and gently spoon onto the top of the chilled lemon cheesecake.
14. Chill in the fridge again till topping set