Recipe adapted from Jane's Corner
Ingredients: （6” square pan)
52g corn oil50g milk, 20g dark chocolate (warm milk and add in dark choc, stir until choc is melted)
45g HongKong Flour or low protein flour, 10g valrhona cocoa powder
150g egg whites, 60g fine sugar
- Mix corn oil and dark chocolate milk together.
- Add in egg yolks and mix well.
- Pour in sifted flour and cocoa powder, mix till u get a smooth batter.
- Make merringue. Beat egg whites until foamy. Add half the sugar. Continue beating. Add in remaining sugar and beat until egg whites are glossy with soft peak.
- Gently fold in half of the egg whites mixture into the cocoa egg yolk mixture until well combined.
- Steam bake in preheated oven at 160c for 50 minutes.
- When cake is done, remove from oven and turn the pan over. Leave cake to cool in pan before remove the cake from cake pan.