I must say my baking skill seem to have slacken. This is my second attempt. First attempt was a little better but this round something must have gone wrong during the process. The 'holes' look big but nonetheless I still love this cake.
30g corn oil
70g orange juice
10g lemon juice
Pinch of salt
Orange zest from 1 orange
80g plain flour
40g raisins (I replaced with cranberries) – cut to smaller pieces
280g egg whites
½ tsp lemon juice
80g caster sugar
1) Preheat oven to 1700C.
2) Combine (A) ingredients in a large bowl, mix well with a hand whisk.
3) Sieve in plain flour, mix well and add (C), mix well again.
4) In a clean mixing bowl, whisk egg whites and lemon juice till foamy. Add sugar in batches and whisk egg whites to stiff peak.
5) Fold the egg whites into the flour mixture in 3 batches with a rubber spatula. Pour batter evenly into a 20cm ungreased chiffon cake pan. Gently bang the pan on the table top to release air bubbles.
6) Place cake pan in the pre-heated oven and bake for 50 t0 60 minutes.
7) When cake is done, remove from oven and turn the pan over. Remove from pan after completely cooled.