This is a very interesting steamed egg with soy milk. The outcome is a super smooth egg beancurd. Fried shallots is a compulsory ingredients for any steamed beancurd… remember that. :)
If crab filament stick is not your cup of tea, you can substitute with minced pork (need to be seasoned).
Recipe source: Messy Witchen
Adapted from Beancurd Flavor
300ml plain soybean milk (without sugar)
2-4 crab filament sticks (shredded)
1 tablespoon chopped spring onion
1 tablespoon fried shallots
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon chicken stock granule
1/2 tablespoon fried shallot oil
1. Beat egg lightly and then add into soybean milk slowly.
2. Add seasoning, mix well and strain.
3. Pour mixture into a steaming platter.
4. Next add shredded filament stick into soybean milk mixture.
5. Steam over a low heat for about 15 minutes until cooked.
6. Remove from heat and drizzle with chopped spring onion, light soy sauce and fried shallots. Serve at once.