I cannot pass the lovely jelly mooncakes posted by Anncoo recently. I tried with two types of fruits - kiwifruits and canned longans. These jellies are a great hit at home.
These fillings are canned longans.
These are kiwifruits jellies my first attempt. I have these kiwifruits jellies because of my poor estimation from the kiwifruits jelly mooncakes.
2 1/2 tbsp Sugar
1 Pandan leaf
1 tsp Agar agar powder
3 tbsp Fresh milk
a drop of red and egg yellow colouring
3 1/2 tbsp Sugar (may add a little more sugar for sweeter jellies)
2 Pandan leaves
1 3/4 tsp Agar agar powder
1 1/2 Green kiwifruits
1 1/2 Gold kiwifruits
5-8 Red cherries
- Boil (A) - water, sugar,agar agar powder and pandan leaf together in a pot at medium heat. Keep stirring mixture with a hand whisk until liquid boiled. Discard pandan leaf and off heat. Add 3 tbsp fresh milk, continue to stir for another one minute.
- Divide liquid into 2 portions, add two drops of cherry red and egg yellow colouring into each portion and stir well. Pour red and yellow liquid into each cavity evenly. Leave jellies mould to set in the refrigerator.
- Cut, red cherries, gold and green kiwfruits into cubes and set aside.
- Boil (B) - water, sugar, agar agar powder and pandan leaves in a pot at medium heat. Keep stirring mixture with a hand whisk until liquid boiled with a hand whisk. Discard pandan leaves and put all the kiwifruits and cherries into it, off heat. Continue to stir well with a spoon for another one minute.
- Take out jellies mould from the fridge and use a small knife gently scratch the set jellies before adding the kiwifruits mixture on it. This method is to make the agar agar jelly sticks together.
- Scoop kiwifruits mixture into each cavity evenly and leave to set in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or more