This is another keeper from the book by Lou Seibert Pappas. This cake is so soft laden with luscious berries. Soooo good ....
I shall not say so much .... too late for 'advertisement' as most members of THB would have tasted the goodness of this cake.
Let's pop over to Alice's blog for the full recipe but for purposes of my own reference, I am also reproducing half the recipe here.
114g cream cheese at room temperature
57g unsalted butter at room temperature
85g granulated sugar
30ml fresh milk
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (128g) plain flour (I used self-raising flour)
1/2 tsp baking powder (omitted since I used SR flour)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt (omitted as I used salted butter)
1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries + 1 tsp plain flour
25g firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 175 Deg C.
- Lay cupcake liners on cupcake tray.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter and granulated sugar and beat with electric mixer till light and fluffy.
- Stir in milk, eggs, vanilla extract - beat thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour,
baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to blend.
- Add to the cheese mixture and beat till smooth.
- Mix in coated blueberries into the batter, stir gently to avoid the batter turned into blueish color.
- Spoon the batter in the prepared pan.
- Mix brown sugar with nuts and sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or till the cake is golden brown and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.