I love especially the mixed fruits which have been soaked overnight in brandy. Am I an alcoholic? Of course I am not but I just love that extra fragrance from the brandy and like that combination of butter with cream cheese.
Recipe source: Aunty Yochana
125 gm. Butter
125 gm. cream cheese
185 castor sugar
3 eggs (size B)
200 gm. Cake flour ) sifted together
1 tsp. baking powder )
150 gm. Mixed fruits - soaked overnight with 2 Tbsp. Rum/brandy/Kirsch
50 gm. Chopped walnuts
5 nos. green Cherries - diced (I omitted)
(1) Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar together till creamy.
(2) Add in eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition to prevent curdling.
(3) Mix 2 Tbsp. of the sifted flour with the mixed fruits to prevent the fruits from sinking.
(4) Fold in sifted flour and then add in the mixed fruits, green cherries and walnuts.
(5) Pour mixture into a 7" square tin and bake in preheated oven at 175C for about 45 mins. or until cooked.
(6) Remove from oven and leave to cool on the wire rack.