Unfortunately, mine was a little too dry but overall am quite pleased with the taste.
Recipe adapted from Let's Get Wokking
200g Flat Yellow Noodles
100g Lean Pork, sliced (I replaced it with squid)
6 medium Prawns, shelled and deviened
200g Choy Sum1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
2 tablespoon Cooking Oil
1 teaspoon Corn Flour
a pinch of Salt
300ml Water or Chicken Broth1/2 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
1/2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
Corn flour Mixture
- Marinate pork slices with a pinch of salt and corn flour. Set aside.
- Blanched noodles, drain and set aside.
- Stir-fry 1/4 tablespoon garlic in a tablespoon oil till fragrant.
- Add in the
pork slicessquids and prawns.
- Stir fry till just cooked. Dish out and set aside.
- In the same wok, add in the remaining oil and garlic. Stir-fry till fragrant.
- Add in the blanched noodles. Toss to coat well with garlic and oil.
- Add in water and bring to a boil.
- Add in the seasonings, except for salt and corn flour mixture.
- Cook till noodle is well cooked but not marshy. Add in the choy sum, the pre-cooked pork slices and prawns.
- Mix well with noodles and sauce.
- Gradually, stir in the corn flour mixture to thicken the sauce.
- Serve immediately.
- Adjust the 'darkness' of the sauce by adjusting the amount of Dark Soy Sauce. Usually a premium Dark Soy Sauce is thicker and darker.
- The amount of Oyster Sauce and Light Soy Sauce used to season the noodles also depends on if you are using water or chicken broth. Please adjust according to your taste.