Cheah, thanks for sharing.
Recipe adapted from No-Frills Recipes
· 400 gm boneless chicken thigh (I used mid-joints)
· Cornflour to coat before deepfrying
· 1/4 tsp seasalt, 1 tsp light soya sauce, dash of pepper.
· 1 Tbsp sour plum sauce, 2 tsp brown sugar, 1/2 cup water, 1 tsp cornflour + 2 tsp water to thicken, salt to taste.
1. Cut the chicken into bite size and marinate with the seasoning for about 2 hours. Set aside.
2. Cook the sour plum sauce in water, add brown sugar and salt to taste.
3. Add in the cornflour mixture to thicken. Leave aside.
4. Heat up some oil in a wok, once boiling, lower flame to medium.
5. Dip the marinated chicken in some cornflour, deepfry the chicken till golden brown, drain on paper towels. Place on serving plate.
6. Heat up the sauce and pour it over the chicken. Arrange some cucumber slices on the plate.
7. Serve immediately with hot rice.