This tender-crumbled, lusciously flavored butter cake is such a delight! It actually slices like velvet, so yummy!
Recipe adapted from HBS and Bakericious
3 tbsp Varlhona Cocoa powder
3 tbsp hot water
* mix cocoa powder with hot water, stir till powder dissolved into chocolate paste.
250g Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
2 1/2tsp Vanilla Extract
210g Plain Yoghurt
420g Plain Flour
2 3/4tsp Baking Powder
1/4tsp Baking Soda
100g Dark Varlhona Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 180deg C.
2. Grease a 10" non-stick bundt pan
3. Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy, pale in colour
4. Add in eggs gradually, follow by vanilla extract
5. Add in yoghurt, continue beat till combined. Do scrap the bottom of the mixing bowl to make sure batter well combined.
6. Sieve in the Plain flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and fold well.
7. Lastly, mix in the chocolate chips into the batter and mix well.
8. Take out 1/3 of the batter and mix with the chocolate paste mixture and set aside.
9. Scoop in vanilla batter into the bundt pan alternating with scoops of chocolate batter to create the marbling effect till batter finish up.
10. Bake till golden brown and test cake using a skewer about 45-50 minutes.
11. Once skewer comes out clean, remove cake from oven and cool on rack for about 15 minutes.
12. Remove cake from bundt pan and let it cool completely.