I feel so privileged to have tried two of Ann's recent bakes. This is very good that I have to quickly bake it myself to satisfy my palate.
Do you believe I finished half the cake if not for my niece coming, I would probably finish the whole cake myself.
150g Soft butter
175g Caster sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1/4 tsp Salt
3 Large eggs
175g Plain flour
100g Dried apricot
- Dice dried apricot and mix with 1 teaspoon plain flour, set aside.
- Beat soft butter, sugar, salt and vanilla extract till white and fluffy at medium speed.
- Lower speed add eggs one at a time and beat well until incorporated
- Stop machine and pour in plain flour and fold well with a rubber spatula.
- Lastly add in dried apricot and mix well.
- Pour batter into a 8 inch square tray (lined all sides up) and bake at preheated oven at 170C for about 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.