The moment I saw this dish posted by Wiffy at Noobcook, I told myself I must try it. It's a very appetising dish and goes very well with a bowl of white rice.
Recipe adapted from Wiffy at noobcook
- 8 to 10 large prawns (US name: shrimps), shells (leaving only tail end) and veins removed
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 slices ginger, stacked and sliced thinly
- 2 chilli padi (US name: bird’s eye chili), finely sliced (adjust or omit to taste)
- 70g snow peas, strings pulled and ends trimmed
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- a handful of coriander (US name: cilantro), finely chopped
(A) sauce (mix well)
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
1. Heat oil in wok. Stir fry garlic, ginger and chilli until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Add snow peas and carrots, stir-fry for about a minute.
3. Add prawns and (A) sauce. Stir fry until the ingredients are well coated in the sauce and the prawns are cooked. Garnish with finely chopped coriander.