I usually finished my bananas before it becomes over-riped. But I purposely kept some bananas in the fridge to allow it to become over-riped for this muffins.
Sonia highly recommended this muffins in her blog and I fully agree with her. This muffins are so soft and moist. Its packed with chocolate chips, mashed bananas and banana wedges.
I also strongly recommend those who love bananas, chocolates to give this muffins a try and I am quite certain you would live it
Recipe adapted from Sonia
125g unsalted butter, softened
100g caster sugar
150g cake flour
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips
150g mashed bananas
some banana wedges (about 2cm in length)
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, mix well.
- Sieve in flour, baking soda and baking powder, combine well with milk.
- Add in mashed bananas and cocoa powder, mix well.
- Lastly, add in chocolate chips and mix well.
- Scoop batter into a muffin liners to about 3/4 full. Then insert a banana wedge into the middle of the muffin. Repeat till all the batter has been used up.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 180C for 25 minutes.