New oven performing its first stunt .....
I saw it on the shelf last Friday (without knowing when I will do it), I just grab a packet first. When the oven was delivered, I thought why not give this simple cake the honour of being the 'guinea pig' to try out the oven.
Hmm .... not a bad job, right?
Even though the recipe calls of dessicated coconut and instant coconut powder, it exudes a very fragrant coconut smell while baking in the oven and the cake is very nice too.
Recipe reference (Bakericious)
200g butter, softened
120g caster sugar
6 tbsp milk
200g cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
100g coconut cream (like Jess, I too used Kara coconut cream powder)
40g dessicated coconut
some dessicated coconut (to drizzle on the cake)
- Beat butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg, one at at time beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Add in milk and mix well.
- Fold in sieved flour, coconut powder using spatula.
- Add in 40g dessicated coconut and raisins and mix well.
- Scope the batter into the cupcake cases 80% full, drizzle dessicated coconut on the top and bake in preheated oven at 180C for 15 to 20 minutes.