Chinese cabbage is a good source of vitamin C. It has properties for beautifying the complexion and removing heatiness in the body.
Recipe (adapted from All about Vegetables)
600g Chinese Cabbage
4 Chinese Mushrooms
1 cup fried wheat gluten balls (I used canned)
1 tbsp dried shrimps
1 stalk spring onion
1 tbsp light soy sauce
dash of salt
dash of sesame oil
- Rinse Chinese cabbage. Cut the stalks into wide strips and leaves into big pieces. Cut carrot into slices and spring onion into sections.
- Soak Chinese mushrooms until soft. Remove the stems and cut into slices. Reserve the water used or soaking the mushrooms. Soak dried shrimps until soft, then pluck away the hard bits. Soak dried wheat gluten balls in warm water until soft, then gently squeeze dry.
- Heat 2tbsp of oil and fry spring onion, chinese mushrooms and dried shrimps until fragrant. Drizzle over light soy sauce, then toss in chinese cabbage to cook until it turns soft.
- Add the mushrooms soaking water and corrot to cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add fried wheat gluten balls and stir well. Season with salt. Cook until the chinese cabbage is soft and the gravy has slightly reduced. Add sesame oil and scatter over coriander to serve.