This is another very homely dish from Noobcook.com with very basic ingredients.
This is the first time I tried napa cabbage - not bad very sweet.
- 1/4 head (about 300g) of napa cabbage
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 slices ginger, stacked together and sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 150g enoki mushrooms (enokitake), ends trimmed
- 50ml hot water
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce (if not using this, add a bit more light soy sauce)
- 1/2 tbsp Chinese wine
1. Slice and separate cabbages leaves from the white stem portion. Tear leaves to smaller pieces. Slice the stem portion to 3 cm length at a slant angle.
2. Heat oil in wok, and saute the garlic and ginger until fragrant.
3. Add cabbage stems and stir fry for a minute or two until the stems start to soften.
4. Add cabbage leaves, enoki mushrooms and sauce (A). Cover and let it simmer for a few minutes until the cabbage is tender and the liquid is greatly reduced.