I really couldn't resist the beautiful cheesecakes posted by Anncoo recently.
Ingredients for chocolate cake base:
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
60g cake flour or all purpose flour - sieved
20g Valrhona cocoa powder - sieved
40g melted butter
20g fresh milk
- Beat egg yolks and 30g sugar until fluffy. Stir in sieved flour, cocoa powder, milk and melted butter.
- Beat egg whites and 35g sugar until soft peaks formed. Fold egg whites into egg yolks mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a 8 x 8 x 1 1/2 inches (lined) cake tin. Bake at 180C for about 25 minutes.
- Leave cake to cool in tin (do not remove cake from tin)
250g cream cheese at room temperature
3 large eggs
50g whipping cream
1 to 1.5 tbsp peppermint essence
- Combine cream cheese and sugar.
- Add one egg at a time. Beating well after each addition.
- Fold in whipping cream and peppermint essence, stir well (Optional: add a small drop of apple green coloring).
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the cake tin over the chocolate cake base.
- Bake in water bath at 160C for about 35 - 40 minutes.
- Leave cheesecake to cool in tin before removing it.
- Chill cheesecake before serving.
You can add vanilla extract to the chocolate and cream cheese batter if you don't like peppermint.