I still have cranberries and ground almonds sitting in the fridge and yet there are so many bakes that I have book-marked to ry. I told myself better clear the fridge before I start buying and storing new ingredients. This cake has always been in my mind to try again - did I improve from the last time?
And recently I saw it at Cheah's blog, and was reminded again to warm up the oven ....
So this is my second attempt at Pumpkin carrot cake and it was also very well received by my colleagues. This is good keeper and a healthy cake that's worth trying ....
Ingredients190 gm self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
150 gm caster sugar (orig. 170 gm)
100 gm butter
50 gm canola oil
30 gm ground almonds
120 gm shredded pumpkin
30 gm shredded carrot
60 gm dried cranberries - cut and coated with some flour from above
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Sift the self-raising flour with baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar till light, thick and creamy.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mix well.
- Add in oil and vanilla essence.
- Add in the sifted flour mixture.
- Add in shredded pumpkin, carrots, ground almonds and finally the cut and flour coated cranberries. Mix thoroughly, scraping from the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl.
- Transfer batter into a lightly greased and floured 8 inch square tin.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 180 deg.C for about 45 - 50 mins. Test with skewer till it comes out clean. Allow to cool in tin for about 10 mins.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.