After a few weeks' break from baking, my oven seem to be working well! Such a nice golden brown top, would you believe there was something wrong with the oven?
This zesty cake is moist, soft and fluffy.
Recipe Source: The Little Teochew
- 113g butter
- 170g caster sugar
- 170g self-raising flour
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 5 tbsp fresh milk or evaporated milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degree celsius. Grease and line a 6-inch pan.
2. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix using an electric mixer.
3. Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 40 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
I paired this zesty, fragrant cake with a cup of Lipton Forest Fruit tea and it was very good.