Sweet and sour pork is an old time favourite. Heard of sweet and sour fish but not sweet and sour chicken. I like sweet and sour dishes and this was book-marked a long time ago when I saw it at Sonia's blog and I never regretted trying out.
Deep-fried dishes probably has a special appeal to many as they are usually tastier and quite popular amongst young and old....
So let's forget about the calories and enjoy this with a bowl of white rice ....
Nasi Lemak Lover
Chicken meat 500g (cut into cubes)
Fresh tomato 1 (cut into cubes)
Cucumber 1 (cut into cubes)
Young ginger 3 slices
Garlic 2 (chopped)
Tomato ketchup 4tbsp
Chili sauce 1tbsp
Sour plum sauce 1tbsp
Sugar 1tsp or to taste
Salt ½ tsp or to taste
1. Marinate chicken meat with-light soy sauce, pepper, salt, sesame oil, tapioca flour, little water (to moist the chicken) and egg for 1 hour.
2. Coat with rice flour, and fry in hot oil till golden brown, set aside.
3. Heat oil in a wok, stir fry ginger slices and garlic, add some water.
4. Add in the seasoning, and follow by fried chicken cubes.
5. Cook till sauce became thick, dish out and serve hot. Enjoy ...
**without any seasoning, just eat the fried chicken, is equally tasty !!