Another tofu dish again? Yeah ... tofu is rich in calcium and what more easy to prepare and yet tasty. Of course not my creation but adapted from Let's Get Wokking.
a pinch of salt
1 tube egg tofu, cut into pieces
1 dried scallop
1 tsp cornflour
1/2 tsp oyster sauce
1. Soak the dried scallop in 5 tbsp of hot water before hand.
2. Beat eggs lightly in a bowl.
3. Add broth and salt (I omitted the salt) and mix well.
4. Sieve egg mixture if you want a smoother result.
5. Pour into shallow flat dish and place tofu in it.
6. Cover the bowl with cling wrap or aluminium foil.
7. Heat a pot of water for steaming.
8. When the waters starts to oil, put in the dish and remove when the egg is set.
9. While the egg is cooking, tear the scallop into strands.
10. Return to scallop strands to the water, add in oyster sauce and corn flour, and mix well.
11. Bring the sauce to a boil while gently stirring it.
12. Remove and pour over the steamed egg and tofu.
13. Drizzle with sesame oil if you like and serve....
- Use a shallow dish to steam the egg, then you don't have to cut the tofu too thick and you will be able to see the tofu when its done.
- Use a flat dish so the tofu can be spread out.