Orange Lime Jelly

Yummy Bakes | 9:06 AM |
Won't you just love to tuck into this orange lime jelly on a hot day?


My colleague passed me this recipe and I thought I thought I saw it somewhere....

Yes, I remembered seeing it at Technicolor Kitchen by Patricia Scarpin and its very easy with ingredients conveniently available at supermarkets.





Recipe source: Technicolor Kitchen

Ingredients
80ml water
5 tsp gelatine powder
660ml freshly squeezed orange juice
160ml freshly squeezed lime juice
5 tbsp caster sugar (superfine), or to taste sweetened whipped cream to serve

Method:
1.  Place the water in a small bowl and sprinkle over the gelatine.  Allow to stand for 5 minutes.

2. Combine the orange juice and lime juice and the sugar in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat stirring until sugar dissolved.  Reduce heat to low, add the gelatine and whisk until dissolved.

3. Remove from heat, strain mixture into a jug then divide evenly among eight 120ml capacity glasses or cups.  Let cool to room temperature then refrigerate for 4-5 hours or until firm.

4. Top jellies with whipped cream and serve (I omitted the whipped cream)

Enjoy ....
Print

9 comments:

  1. hahaa...your colleague is so smart! Always passed you recipes so you can try and share with them. The lime jelly looks very refreshing indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jelly looks so inviting! It would be lovely to have them on a hot day. So refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from SPAIN VIGO ... is my first visit to your blog .. I'm still .. I love sweets and recipes .. I invite you to share my recipes and blog ... greetings
    MARIMI

    ReplyDelete
  4. this look really refreshing!! (: (: and is lovely! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. this jelly looks so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anncoo - I try and I learnt too. :)

    Judy - so glad to hear from you after a long absence.

    garlutti - thanks for dropping by.

    Jess, Alice - agree very refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. did you save one for me? i just saw joyce making some ice cream just now and now i want this too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lena - thought you are still away on holiday. No more - next time will remember to save for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. Please feel free to let me have your comments.