This is another very soft and nice butter cake - a good butter cake keeper.
Hearty-Bakes and I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers 5 - Fruity March hosted by Bakericious.
250g unsalted butter
200g castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
250g self raising flour
4 tbsp milk
some blueberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg.
2. Put butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
3. Use low speed to mix until even. Change to medium speed and beat until light (sugar has not dissolved yet), add in the first egg.
4. Beat well after each addition of egg until creamy.
5. Scrape down the sides for even mixing.
6. Add in vanilla essence and mix well.
7. Divide flour into 3 portions, use lowest speed to mix in flour. Scrape down sides for even mixing.
8. Finally, add milk.
9. Mix until well combined.
10. Scoop batter half filled into individual paper cups, put some blueberry jam as fillings. Follow by batter again. (I baked in a 8" round tray)
11. Pipe some blueberry jam on top of batter and use a toothpick swirl around the jam around the batter.
12. Baking time abut 30 mins dependng on size of cups.
13. Remove from and oven and leave to cool.
14. Enjoy ....