I actually have no intention of baking cookies this CNY but seeing so many bloggers posting the various cookies have spurred me to warm up the oven and with Jess hosting the Aspiring Baker #3 - my favourite CNY cookies, I thought I must bake a bit more and join the fun. Closing date is 31 Jan 2011 if you have not submitted your entries, do hurry. Details are Jess.
Recipe reference from Anncoo
175g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla powder
350g plain flour
160g cornflakes (crushed)
50g black currant
1. Combine plain flour, baking powder and vanilla powder together with the crushed cornflakes and black currant, set aside.
2. Cream butter, egg and icing sugar together till white.
3. Put in all the plain flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix well.
4. Use spoon to scoop the mixture on to the baking tray.
5. Bake at 180 Deg C for about 15 minutes or until cookies are done.