These cookies are a treat from Jess. When I first saw the photo, I thought it was really bah kwa cookies or lotus root cookies. On further reading, then I realised it was chocolate lace crisps.
These are really very addictive - very crispy and ohhh lah, lah ... you just can't stop at one. Interestingly, it is also very easy to make these.
Jess, thanks for sharing such an interesting cookies and am submitting to the Aspiring Baker #3 - CNY cookies.
1 tbsp milk
5g cocoa powder
25g almond nibs
1. Melt butter and sugar in a saucepan until butter and sugar dissolves completely, turn off heat and stir in milk until combined. Set aside to cool.
2. Once cooled, add in cocoa powder, plain flour and almond nibs, stir to combine.
3. Drop by 1/2 tsp onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper, spacing at least 5cm apart as the batter will spread during baking.
4. Bake in preheated oven of 170 deg for 15 mins.
5. cool on the baking tray until it hardens before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. It will be very crispy once cooled completely.