Was very tempted with Jess' cookies but mine look so different from hers. I believe you will agree that Jess' cookies look more appetizing, at least the shapes are more uniformed!
220g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
125g unsalted butter, at room temperature (if using salted butter, omit salt)
110g granulated sugar
95g packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
185g semi-sweet chocolate chips
125g walnuts, toasted and chopped [optional] (Personally, I prefer cookies with macadamia nuts)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree and have ready 2 ungreased baking sheets.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt onto a sheet of waxed paper, set aside.
3. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, cream the butter till fluffy and pale yellow.
4. Add the sugars and continue beating till mixture is no longer gritty.
5. Add egg and vanilla and beat on low speed until blended.
6. Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed or stir with a wooden spoon until just blended.
7. Add the chocolate chips and the walnuts, if using, mixing or stirring until just blended.
8. With dampened hands, shape the dough into small balls and place on the baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
9. Bake the cookies until golden brown around the edges, about 12 minutes.
10 Let the cookies cool briefly on the sheets before transferring them to the racks to cool completely.