My boss bought me a book by Judy Koh - Pocket of Happiness. Today, I tried out the easier cake - Chocolate Sweethearts but I can only called it chocolate cup cakes as I dont know where she bought those sweet little hearts as toppers sitting on the cream cheese frosting.
I dont fancy cakes with cream frosting and I normally scrapped off but of course it makes a lot of difference for photo shooting purposes. So instead of the cream cheese frosting, I have simply dusty it with snow powder and a simple bee candy.
56g unsalted butter
56g dark brown sugar (I have replaced with brown sugar)
pinch of salt
56g converture chocolate, melted
50g sour cream (I replaced it with plain yoghurt)
2 Eggs (112g)
86g Self raising flour
1 tsp baking power
15g chocolate chips
1. Melt the chocolate in a microwave or double boiled.
2. Cream the butter, brown sugar and salt till light before adding in the cooled, melted chocolate and sour cream.
3. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well in between each addition and scraping the sides of the mixer bowl.
4. Sieve the flour with baking powder before mixing it into the chocolate egg mixture. Mix well before stirring in the chocolate chips.
5. Pipe the mixture into the baking cups till about 3/4 full.
6. Bake in preheated over at 190 deg C for about 20 minutes or till cooked.
7. When cooled, decorate with cream cheese icing rosette, red chocolate pearls and royal icing hearts.
Ingredients for cream cheese frosting:
20g icing sugar
200g cream cheese
Cream the two ingredients in a mixer and mix until smooth.