I found another simple one-dish meal
Thanks, NoobCook for sharing such an easy and homely dish.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
2 cups rice
washed4 cabbage leaves
shredded thinly200g pork belly (aka “sam cham bak“, 3-layered pork, 3层肉) (I replaced with chicken)
3 tbsp dried shrimps (aka “Hei Bi” )
4 dried scallops 1 tbsp chopped garlicwater (to cook rice)
1 tsp salt
1. Soak Hei Bi in water until soft. Discard water. Chop the soaked Hei Bi to fine bits, or use a grinder.
2. Soak dried scallops in water till soft. Discard water. Use fingers to separate scallop to thin shreds.
3. Slice the pork belly to thin slices, then cut each slice to thin shreds. If you want less fat, cut off the entire top layer of fat before slicing.
4. Heat wok over medium fire, add sliced pork to wok and stir fry till cooked.
5. Take out the cooked pork and set aside. Using the oil from cooking the pork belly (add more if needed), add the garlic and chopped Hei Bi, dried scallop and fry till the Hei Bi is browned.
6. Return the previously cooked pork belly back to the wok and add salt, the washed rice and shredded cabbage. Mix till even.
7. Transfer contents of the wok to a rice cooker, add water (ratio of about 1 1/2 cups of water with every 1 cup of rice – this will vary with different cookers). Stir evenly before cooking.