As sure as night, life's troubles come
As sure as day, they're past
But surer still that endless joy
When heaven we reach at last
- D. De Haan
Earth - the land of trials
Heaven - the land of joys
Chocolates can really lifts up one's spirit. This sinfully ultra rich brownies brought much cheer to me and I am sure it will certainly satisfy any chocoholics' craving instantly. This is the first time I am trying my hands on ganache. The result is so heavenly and luscidious .... sinfully delicious with chunks of walnuts and rich chocolate.
Hmm one slice can't satisfy me ....
140g unsalted butter
340g castor sugar (I used 300g)
1tsp pure vanilla essence
1/4 salt (I omitted cos I used salted butter)
140g plain flour
80g cocoa powder
110g walnut pieces
2tsp instant coffee powder with 1tsp warm water
1. Preheat oven at 170 deg
2. Line and grease a 8-inch square cake tin
3. Melt butter and leave to cool
4. Using a wooden spoon gently beat the eggs with the sugar until well blended and creamy looking
5. Stir in the cooled butter, coffee mixture and vanilla essence
6. Sieve the salt, cocoa and flour together and add to the mixture. Stir until thoroughly blended, then fold in the nuts.
7. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for about 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean
8. Cool cake completely. Pour ganache on cake and decorate with walnuts or cut into smaller pieces and serve with dollop of ice cream.
120ml whipping cream
150g dark cooking chocolate (chopped)
20g butter (chopped)
Double boil cream until warm. Add in chocolate and butter. Stir until it melts. Pour ganache on top of cake. Leave it to cool and set.
Receipe reference: Hearty-bakes