Cappuccino Brownie Petit Fours
We were so clumsy trying to 'glue' the chocolate squares to the brownies nicely and before we realised it - two cameras went flat without us knowing it. So this is the only pathetic shot taken - what a shame!
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup plain flour
2 tsp dry instant coffee
1 tsp water
250 milk chocolate, melted
For the topping:
1/4 cup plain yoghurt
black and white chocolate squares
red icing flowers (0r any toppers)
1. Grease and line a 16cm x 16cm square cake pan.
2. preheat oven to 180 deg C.
3. In a medium bowl, beat butter and sugar till creamy.
4. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing in until well incorporated.
5. In a cup, mix instant coffee together with the water. Add into butter mixture.
6. Fold melted chocolate gently into butter mixture.
7. Bake for 30 mins. To test, insert a skewer into heart of brownie. When it comes out clean, it is done.
8. When brownie is done, cut into 3.5cm squares.
9. Press choco squares on each side of cut brownie.
10. Using a teaspoon, drop a dollop of yohurt onto each brownie square. Top with a red icing flower or any topper of your choice.
Receipe taken from Food & Travel.